Labels

Saturday 25 November 2017

New Updated Storyboard


When revisiting my storyboard it was evident to see that my narrative had become lost in visuals and what I was overall trying to achieve as a horror genre film trailer, which meant that my trailer if I was to produce it in this order would become confusing and it wouldn't be clear to the target audience what my trailer is actually about. So I decided to take it back and make it more evident that I am trying to follow a modern day version of Hansel and Gretel, so I added in scenes at the beginning to have a woman reading to a child a traditional version of Hansel and Gretel. Additionally as my actor was no longer available for me to use, this meant I had to adapt my trailer further to consider using another actor that would have more availability for me to be able to film with.


When looking back at my decided shots I realised that as I don't have a completely trained acting dog that some of the shots I was trying to achieve would make my overall appearance of my trailer look very amateur as they wouldn't be completely perfect, and would mean that I would have to do a lot more editing in the long run to achieve my overall Idea. So I decided to remove the dog from the storyboard as the dog is no longer representing Gretel and I wanted to replace this with more representations of the Hansel and Gretel story itself and have more visual shots of the theoretical breadcrumbs which are being represented as photos from the stalker. And to incorporate my stalker elements further with elements of the keyboards being typed on to represent my idea further.


Continuing on from the stalker element idea, and linking it to Hansel and Gretel I want it to be evident that within the trailer that the dark room scenes that I am keeping are going to be within the Sweet Cabin that features in the original story. So from this I want to add in shots that are of a cabin in the woods, that goes against the typical representation of the cabin as it is a modern day version. This is footage that I will find on the internet and add into my trailer as I have to access to a cabin to be able to film around it, so it means that these shots will be quite limited, but I will be aiming to have the music and other visuals from within the cabin to draw this whole idea together.



Within the cabin shots, this is where my gore aspect will be focused as I will have shots that feature photos of 'Hansel' being developed in blood and lightbulbs smashing. Alongside this when editing I would like to add in fairy tale music that is going to emphasise my point throughout that this horror trailer is going to based on Hansel and Gretel so I want it have the childish eerie element to it. 


The woman reading the story of Hansel and Gretel is going to be a reoccurring element throughout the trailer alongside the trail of photos that is going to lead Hansel into the woods to discover that he is being stalked. But the story is evidently going to display both prospectives of the characters from both the protagonist and antagonist. 


As I am unable to get an actor to film my original scenes of my stalker, I had to again adapt these to take away from the visuals of the stalker and have it to be in more relation to the Hansel and Gretel story, as the trailer doesn't follow the story exactly, but does take specific elements of the story and present them visually to the target audience. In these scenes I wanted to add more of a childish eerie element to the trailer, as it plays into the psychological elements as from a children's fairy tale it is what is expected from the key codes and conventions.


Looking back at the scenes with the car that I had chosen to film, it was primarily because I wanted to film in a variety of locations to show the variety, however this played no relevance to my trailer, so instead of this I opted for having the little girl come back from the beginning of the trailer and sit on the floor with a music box that will be playing the stereotypical music. From this I thought about adding a jump scare into the storyboard as I wanted it to be audience engaging however I felt as though this would be a heavily predictable element to my trailer. 


I wanted to incorporate the little girl into my work further so I have taken out the shots of the stairs that I had originally planned to do with my old actor, and I have swapped these to have the little girl running through a park and alley and possibly under a street light to present the disorientation to the scenario, so not only do these give me a variety of locations but it is relevant as she is essentially running away from the idea of the fairy tale itself.  


In these shots, I have decided to use a lot more visuals of the Hansel and Gretel book which includes setting fire to the book and vandalising it to show that this horror isn't going to follow the suggested storyline, which is the reality of the scenario. For the editing process I want to have it including a montage aspect where the book pages that I have vandalised for the purpose of the trailer itself will flash up on the screen alongside it burning to give it a more original aspect. 


To reach an ending for my trailer, I want to have the male character realise that he is being stalked and follow the hypothetical breadcrumbs (Polaroid Photos) into the woods and it to be bought together at the end with a reoccurrence of the polaroid photos. 


Finishing the trailer completely I am going to include a shot of the cabin on a computer that is being filmed, then the camera is going to zoom out to reveal that it is a computer and then at the click of a mouse there is going to be the title page come up and the release date of the film. By having this aspect at the end, it is going to leave the audience questioning what just happened, so it will hopefully leave the target audience wanting to watch the full film.

No comments:

Post a Comment