Labels

Thursday 2 November 2017

Final Cut Pro Experimentation


In today's session, I have experimented with the software Final Cut Pro for the first time in order to gain an understanding of the software, to be able to create my psychological Horror trailer. I have learnt how to crop and select footage, to include in my trial to what I specifically wanted. Additionally I was able to experiment with overlaying filters to my work to give it a more realistic approach to what a horror film trailer is typically like. In the future, due to this experimentation lesson it means that I will be able to use my knowledge of short cut keys which are: Q, W, E to move the footage efficiently around the timeline instead of having to drag it on and disturb what I have already produced. Towards the end I also began experimenting with Sound effects within the software, to begin adding non diegetic sounds to my trailer, instead of the already existing audio. As the sound is a big part in the trailers, to create a specific atmosphere, I am planning to experiment further with the sound to try and find clips of sounds that will flow with my footage that I have filmed for the trailer, to substitute for the fact that I have a low budget and would not be able to include my actor talking as it could present my trailer to be unrealistic as they do not have the experience behind them for it to have an overall professional approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment